[Bf-committers] GCC with OpenMP under Xcode 5.0.2

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Jan 20 15:16:35 CET 2014

Hi,

Making an OpenMP build on Mac is difficult currently, the OpenMP
implementation in GCC is not functioning correctly when used together
with other threads, so even if you can set GCC in CMake it will not
give you a stable build, you need a newer version of GCC than Xcode
provides. It's tricky, there is some information on that here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Mac/OpenMP

For changing the compiler with CMake I just go into CMakeCache.txt and
change the compiler by changing CMAKE_C_COMPILER and
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER variables. Maybe there's a better way, but this
usually works for me.

Brecht.