[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes - December 29, 2013

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Sat Jan 4 16:38:25 CET 2014

On 01/04/2014 03:51 PM, Felipe Ferreira da Silva wrote:
> @Arnaud,
>
> Sorry about all this mess with missing files. I'm new to git and github,
> and this is the first time I'm using these tools. I'm reading some
> materials like http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/ to
> know how to work better with the repo.
>
> Your makefile lacks the compilation of GUI_draw:
> gcc ... GUI_draw.o -c GUI_draw.c ...
>
> Your makefile looks better than mine, let me just learn how to merge
> individual files :), then I'll merge it into the repo.

Ah I was also missing GUI_entry. It works now :)
The procedure in git is that I make a Pull request which you can accept.
It's a bit the reverse of other workflows. I just made a pull request to
your repository.

> glScissor is just an mask peration, at least it seems to be. If I knew
> about it at first, I would never used FBOs for this project in the
> beginning.
>
> I compile BasicUtils as static in a system directory just because it is a
> library that I'm using for more 2 projects. And I'm used to see the
> libraries of others developers as static and in a system wide dir, too.
> But, I'm not inflexible about it, I may include the library in the TableGUI
> folder =).

Static libs never belong system wide anywhere IMHO. At linking time a
static lib is concatenated to the final binary. So the .a file in your
system is never used by binaries. Only shared libs have a purpose system
wide since they are not concatenated but only linked at execution time.

Rg,

Arnaud

--
w: http://www.sphaero.org