[Bf-committers] Freestyle: Polygonalization with small "Error"

IRIE Shinsuke irieshinsuke at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Feb 12 17:58:14 CET 2013

Tamito-san,

I experienced a serious problem when I was testing a geometry modifier
"Polygonalization" with a small value of the "Error" parameter.

Steps:

1. Start Blender and use default cube
2. Enable Freestyle
3. Add a line set if necessary
4. Add geometory modifier "Polygonalization" and set Error=1.0
5. Start render by F12

Then, Blender eats the memory up soon and is killed by system,
or crashes immediately.

This problem also occurs when combining it with the other geometry
modifier such as "Perlin Noise 2D", even if Error is not so small.

Backtrace: http://www.pasteall.org/39640

r54427
Ubutnu 12.10 amd64

Regards,