[Bf-committers] blender do not updates from git

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Dec 10 16:33:01 CET 2013

Hi,

The instructions here should be up to date:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Linux

The git submodule will get you addons and translations, but not any
libraries. There hasn't been a lib/ directory for linux for a long
time, it was removed. Maybe you were still using it somehow, and
copying that directory from a blender-svn to a blender-git directory
may work still, but it's not really a supported workflow.

The build instructions explain how to use "install_deps.sh" to install
dependencies linux ffmpeg, and when it's done building them it will
give you the scons configuration to put in user-config.py.

Brecht.