[Bf-committers] blender do not updates from git

Piotr Arlukowicz piotao at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 14:41:18 CET 2013

Thank you!
I got to the page http://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/ where I
performed all instructions, with no errors. Then I enter to blender
directory, put my config in user-config.py (worked in svn version), and run
the command python scons/scons.py. The compilation started and broke at the
error:

Compiling ==> 'writeffmpeg.c'
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/writeffmpeg.c:42:34: fatal error:
libavformat/avformat.h: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
 #include <libavformat/avformat.h>
                                  ^
compilation terminated.
scons: ***
[/home/piotao/blender-git/build/linux/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/writeffmpeg.o]
Error 1

It's obvious that I should provide libs, extensions and addons to the
project, but they are now in diffrent git repos and I found nowhere the
explanation how to incorporate them and where to put them. So, should I put
them along with blender dir, as for svn versions and configure scons or
cmake to use all paths etc?

If yes, then to compile the whole blender, there should be more commands
given, and this maybe should be put on WIKI page.

So, my knowledge is based on hints from you and now I did:

git clone git://git.blender.org/blender.gitcd blender
git submodule update --init --recursive
git submodule foreach git checkout master
git submodule foreach git pull --rebase origin master

--> Here should be some commands to fetch/pull/get/whatever all
required things like addons, extensions, etc.

and here goes some configuration and compilation stuff.
Could somebody be so nice and provide me with the missing information?
I think this should also be put to WIKI and I can do it if I manage to
get the control of the process.

pz
piotr
--