[Bf-committers] The final step that Blender needs to take in order to become fundamentally perfect

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon May 10 16:53:54 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Raul Fernandez Hernandez
<raulf at info.upr.edu.cu> wrote:
> Hi there
>
>> I know resources are limited but what is to stop a few from starting a
>> branch and exploring this very interesting area? I could see it as
>> being a nodal extension of the game engine. I do admit to knowing very
>> little about this subject but that is what it looked like in that
>> SUPER cool video.
>
>  You cannot fork Blender for a "huge" revamp in its current state, when
> haven't finished the previous revamp because then the sync back could
> become near impossible, you could base your entire codebase in things
> that simply will change or could dissapear in the official branch. Only
> after few stable releases you could fork Blender for a major architecture
> change like this.

I agree that we don't want to but we could provided we had the people
to do it. All it takes is man power and money. None of which do I want
to see divided but I think one person exploring the possible would not
hurt anything.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Massagen Arbeit in Gelsenkirchen Buer