[Bf-committers] No destruction function for nodesystem?

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Jan 28 21:43:04 CET 2010

Hi,

I don't know what your node is, but we do indeed need an image caching
system for the compositor. However, where it's needed is at the end of
the pipeline, to cache the viewed results, so you can scrub back and
forward in time and still get live updates (like in the sequence
editor, and in most other compositors). I'm not sure why you want to
do it for one node only, but on face value it sounds like it may not
be the right approach...

Anyway, nodes can define their own free callback for their custom data
in the node definition itself - check for: /* freestoragefunc    */
down the bottom of a node's C file.

Matt