[Bf-committers] Proposal: Rotate view with tablet pen(Left drag) in Sculpt mode

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Sat Jan 9 02:16:25 CET 2010

> When you push Alt+LMB, you have to release the left hand from tablet
> (and push the buttons) if the tablet is big or no space for it.
> And it is useful to use only a pen than push keys on the keyboard.
> Do you think mouse gestures is useless function for web browsers? ;-)

Actually yes. I've never met a set of gestures on any system apart
from the Palm gestural writing that worked properly. I know a lot of
people like gestures but I personally find them a huge annoyance. That
said, I'm not in line with what 99% of the world likes, so I'm the
wrong one to ask. ^-^

> ZBrush is popular and standard sculpt tool, so don't you think it's
> benefit that Zbrush user migrate to blender for the Blender community
> and Blender Foundation?

Meh... If that argument holds then we should also add in Maya
shortcuts for animators, Max shortcuts for game creators, and ... It's
come up on the list before.

(Again wrong person to ask; I switch between Blender, Maya, Modo, and
C4D on many days. I've gotten used to the dysphoria. )

That said, I don't think what you're asking for is out of the
question. (I guess it'd be a modification of the brush operator--
Maybe someone can point you in the right direction.) I was just
curious as to the reason.

~ C