[Bf-committers] New Developer Meeting minutes

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 16:17:03 CET 2010

--- On Thu, 1/7/10, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Martin, my experience with using scons and eclipse isnt so
> good, it
> works OK but a bit annoying to setup, I recall I needed to
> have
> eclipse call a shell script that called scons.

You were doing it wrong then.

The only thing you need to do is edit the build command, changing "make" for "scons"

Potentially adding BF_FANCY=0 and BF_DEBUG=1 if those aren't in your user-config.

> Eclipse + Cmake is nicer, and takes the work out of setting
> up the
> project each time. especially if you want to switch to
> developing in
> branches for a bit.

Setting up a new project takes less than 30s. If that's too long for you, you can just copy the .project from an existing branch if you want (regardless of the build engine used).

Martin