[Bf-committers] New Developer Meeting minutes

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:05:11 CET 2010

Not sure what dependency updates are exactly - if files are added you
need to run "cmake ." in the build dir but aside from that I never had
any dep propblems.

I'm tempted to install Windows just to get rid of the MSVC Project
files and have CMake create propper debug builds... it cant be that
hard can it?

@Martin, my experience with using scons and eclipse isnt so good, it
works OK but a bit annoying to setup, I recall I needed to have
eclipse call a shell script that called scons.

Eclipse + Cmake is nicer, and takes the work out of setting up the
project each time. especially if you want to switch to developing in
branches for a bit.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 1/7/10, Erwin Coumans <erwin.coumans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> New developers (and myself) can browse and debug code much
>> easier in
>> an IDE such as msvc, Xcode or K develop, in my opinion. And
>> manual
>> updating projectfiles is a waste of time.
>
> It's very easy to use Eclipse (with CDT) with scons. K Develop was pretty easy to setup too the last time I tried. There was no project files to update or anything.
>
> Martin

- Campbell