[Bf-committers] New Developer Meeting minutes

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 19:09:26 CET 2010

We held our second monthly new developer meeting(http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:SundayMeetingAgenda/NewDev_meetings) on Sunday, attracting x new developers to the Blender family. Minutes are here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:SundayMeetingAgenda/NewDev_meetings/2010-01-03rd.
We discussed Build systems, Patch Submission, and Python, with a focus on Cmake versus Scons.

Together with the New Dev  information(http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/New_Dev_Info) already posted, and info on compiling and building blender, I think we have covered the fundamentals of SVN and compiling Blender, (http://www.blender.org/development/coding-guides/) so new devs should have a good reference source of information on navigating the source code.

Our next meeting is the first Sunday in February.