[Bf-committers] Setting a default system scripts directory

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:26:10 CEST 2009

Just looked into making locale path use BLI_gethome_folder so it would
find the system dir and found the existing function in blf_lang.c
confusing.

See http://www.pasteall.org/8131/c

On testing it I found scons/cmake/make didnt define INTERNATIONAL so
no-matter what this code didnt run and is probably untested, coped
from 2.4x.

Its tempting to replace all this with a call to...
 BLI_gethome_folder("locale", BLI_GETHOME_ALL);

Which works on Linux but other OS's need to be supported too.
Anyone know this code and able to suggest weather it should be kept or not?
As Is it uses hard-coded path /usr/share/locale on non mac/win32 OS's
which I find odd.
---
GSR, good to see you made a start on file i/o, LZO compression would
be great to have on blendfiles :)

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 2:26 PM, GSR <gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> ideasman42 at gmail.com (2009-09-21 at 2022.37 -0700):
>> > http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/blender/config-layout-and-file-handling-250.mbox.txt
>> You mention an an API to open, close, read and write files.
>> To me this can the a part of a broader plan but makes your proposal
>> harder to discuss. Do we need a new api? what will the api look
>> like?... etc.
>
> The API sketch just hit SVN. It compiles but is not usable, it just
> gives and idea of what it will do: wrap the normal calls like Blender
> already does with malloc&c. So it would look pretty much like OS API,
> one or two params extra, similar usage, extra work done for free.
>
> GSR

- Campbell