[Bf-committers] Setting a default system scripts directory

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Tue Sep 22 17:03:56 CEST 2009

Even if that's the case, I'm not a fan of the idea of putting config data in
~/blender (as opposed to ~/.blender). The standard on Linux systems is to use
the dot prefix for configuration files and directories in your home directory
and it's pretty rare for Linux users to not be aware of this. Configuring your
applications (or even adding scripts to them) is not a frequent behavior, so it
makes sense to keep those files hidden and out of the way when you're in the
process of actually doing work. It's simple, it works, and it's the expected
behavior.

  -Jason