[Bf-committers] Setting a default system scripts directory

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sat Sep 19 21:00:41 CEST 2009

Hi,
brecht at blender.org (2009-09-19 at 1239.52 +0200):
[...]
> On other operating systems we should also do a similar separation
> between user config and application, using whatever folder is
> appropriate. Not that I expect you to implement it, but may be nice to
> write the functions in such a way that other operating systems can
> plug in different paths.

Did anybody read what I posted in spring?

All of the above was covered. Versioning, load order, OS specific
paths and even some security and multi user issues. And I was
expecting comments to polish the parts of the non Unix OSes, but the
only conclusion was that names should stop to be so cryptic.

I started to implement the file access wrappers in my own time,
slowly, as it was clear there was no real interest.

GSR