[Bf-committers] color scheme for 2.5

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Fri Sep 11 11:52:28 CEST 2009

Hi, this is one of the discussions which drives me crazy,
because it forces the new ui derive bad habits from the old one(and in my personal opinion, there are allready far too many).

Regarding buttons size&shape, I think that the system used for orientation by the brain of user is different,
instead of looking for colours and shapes, you expect the location of the button by the logic of the ordering.
So, if you open another panel, you know it will be ordered similarly as the others and will look into correct areas
for the buttons(e.g. bake buttons in simulation are on first position of bake panels, similar as the mentioned render button
in render panel, so you can say executing button is first, then come the options)
This way you don't have to see first the button, since you expect it to be somewhere allready and you go there.
This is why I think there should be a fixed order in panels(or at least a possibility to reset it), so that I can remember where things are for all my projects,

Regarding color schemes, there is possibility to distribute blender with more than 1 theme, as was done in the past,
my proposal would be light, mid, dark(default), and contrast - possibly also with bigger text.

cheers,
Vilda