[Bf-committers] Request for a branch of the 2.5 branch

Maxime Curioni maxime.curioni at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 08:48:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

Tamito and I would love to integrate our branch into the blender 2.5 branch
codebase, but are facing problems with the merge operation. As was asked by
Brecht earlier, we are trying to merge the blender 2.5 branch into our
branch first, before merging it back into the blender 2.5 branch. We use the
following command, at the working copy root:

svn merge
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2008-mxcurioni@23022
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/blender2.5/blender@23022

We are facing weird issues with line endings, with the following error;

svn: File 'release/scripts/
scripttemplate_metaball_create.py' has inconsistent newlines

This totally stops the merging process. We have tried forcing the merge, to
no avail. The problem is that the svn merge call takes a long time and is
repeated from scratch every time. Because we don't know how many files have
such a problem (so far, 5 have been found), the merging process could take a
long time.

We would like to integrate Freestyle directly from a branch of the blender
2.5 branch. Because the code is concentrated in two folders, this would
greatly simplify the operation. If anyone on the list could create that
branch for us, that would be great for us.

Thanks for your help,

Maxime