[Bf-committers] Scons-local error

Yaohua Xiong xiongyaohua at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 14:23:26 CEST 2009

Hi Nathan

Thanks for the reply.

After playing with the scons a bit I found the problem is that
scons-local 1.2 encode every environment variable into ASCII encoding
but unfortunately I'm using a Chinese version of winxp and there are
environment variables in GB2312 encoding which cannot be translate in
to ASCII encoding.

My quick and dirty solution is delete every non-ASCII environment
variable temporarily. It works but not very satisfactory. Is it
possible to make scons-local 1.2 support non-ASCII environment
variable like 1.1?

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Nathan Letwory<jesterking at letwory.net> wrote:
> Yaohua Xiong wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After I updated to scons-local 1.2, it fails to build with following error
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> E:\blender2.5dev\blender>python scons\scons.py
>> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
>> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd0 in position 12: ordinal
>>  not in range(128):
>>   File "E:\blender2.5dev\blender\SConstruct", line 53:
>>     EnsureSConsVersion(1,0,0)
> [snip]
>> My building environment is winxp sp3+vs2008+python2.5. Am I missing something?
>>

> Did you by any chance modify the SConstruct? It looks like some wrong
> character made it into the file. Compiles fine here on win7 scons/msvc
> and vista home premium scons/msvc.
>
> Check if there are local changes, and if so, revert those.
>
> /Nathan
>
> --
>
> Nathan Letwory
>
> http://www.planetblender.org | http://www.blender-fi.org

Yaohua Xiong

Traffic and Transportation Engineering College, Tongji Univ.
Cao An Road 4800#, Jia Ding District, Shanghai,  China