[Bf-committers] Scons-local error

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Mon Sep 7 12:01:55 CEST 2009

Yaohua Xiong wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After I updated to scons-local 1.2, it fails to build with following error
> E:\blender2.5dev\blender>python scons\scons.py
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd0 in position 12: ordinal
>  not in range(128):
>   File "E:\blender2.5dev\blender\SConstruct", line 53:
>     EnsureSConsVersion(1,0,0)
[snip]
> My building environment is winxp sp3+vs2008+python2.5. Am I missing something?

Did you by any chance modify the SConstruct? It looks like some wrong
character made it into the file. Compiles fine here on win7 scons/msvc
and vista home premium scons/msvc.

Check if there are local changes, and if so, revert those.

/Nathan

--

Nathan Letwory

http://www.planetblender.org | http://www.blender-fi.org