[Bf-committers] Rigging limitations / IK Features

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Tue Sep 1 17:33:22 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:

IIRC, the original philosophy for constraints was to have simple constraints
> that can be combined together to make something more complex, instead of
> having a smaller number of constraints with lots of options.

Ahh, the unix way.  That kind of makes sense.

> Locked Track is called that way because it tracks with one axis "locked".
>
> Track To being called like that probably dates back to the amiga or
> something.

It'd be nice to have them named the way the rest of the industry names
things.  On the whole I will vehemently argue for Blender to remain apart
from how things work in other packages, but naming isn't something I
defend.  ("Select swap")

^_^

~ C