[Bf-committers] Render Plugin Development

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Aug 15 06:07:24 CEST 2007

On 8/15/07, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:

> One thing we should do is work out how render specific options will be
> accessed. I hope ID-Props will be used,
> that way, the C api can be developed separately, and we can work out the
> best way for users to modify ID-Props through a user interface.

On this note, while the work been done so far is most excellent, it's also
extremely important that the work doesn't stop with a plugin interface. For
this to actually be worthwhile and usable, it needs a user interface. I've
finally gotten around to writing up a proposal for how external renderers
should integrate with Blender's user interface from an artists' perspective.
I meant to do this a long while ago, but hey...

Here it is: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Render_API_UI

cheers

Matt