[Bf-committers] Console patch update and question about Mac usage

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 14:55:51 CEST 2006

Thanks for the info, it certainly helps.

On 8/25/06, Ed Halley <ed at halley.cc> wrote:

>  From the command line, you can "open path/to/Blender.app" or just
> double-click it.  The OS will in turn run the Unix binary in the
> right environment to connect to all the interactive supports.

I can't see a way to pass command line options using these methods. I
would like to make a link or something that runs Blender normally if I
click on the app folder and one that passes -c to embed the console. I
am wondering if it is not better to make it a setting (takes effect on
next blender startup), or maybe check for the presense of a certain
file (e.g. turn_console_space_on.txt) during startup. That way people
who like the console can always turn it on without having to go to the
terminal to do it, and it should work on all platforms.

tnx,
Jacques

BTW : I posted a fix in the tracker for the hang-on-exit for Macs.