[Bf-committers] Bug Tracker policies

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:18:27 +0200

Hi,

Aim is to have the Tracker displaying real bugs, ready to work at for
fixing. This  requires some pre-sorting and evaluation first.
Guidelines for how to evaluate bug reports:

- support requests: if possible, give the support (or point them to a
URL) and move it to the 'support tracker'
- 'support' is: graphics cards failing, system configuration problems
- Larstiq volunteered to help Linux h/w 3d questions. We'll assign that
to him, but still move it to 'support' (will pop up at his 'my page').
- 'support' is too: questions/remarks on non compiling blenders (point
to forums and committers mailing list)

- requests can be deleted when a report fails to answer at least the
most basic questions in our guidelines
- if this was done by a person who logged in he'll get a reply for more
info first.
- if reports cannot be redone, they should be deleted... especially
after a couple of weeks when a reporter doesn't reply

- requests move to 'feature requests' tracker when that's appropriate

- requests will be set at 'investigate' and assigned to a developer
when it's clearly someone who's responsible for it
- same as above; when you want someone to look at it (post remark)

In general: each move to another tracker, or a 'delete' will be
motivated with a short reply.

To indicate in the tracker we've *really* got a bug here (and not
something that's unclear, being investigated, cannot be redone, etc.) I
propose to mark these ones with high priority (7). This shows up in a
different color in the Tracker. You can also sort for this in the
webpage, to have by default the real bugs at top. Real critical bugs
will be assigned with a '9'.

Besides me, Madprof volunteered to regularly go over the Tracker now as
well, mostly to clean it up, do support, and assign to developers. I'll
keep an eye at this. :)

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org