[Bf-committers] restore Game Engine project

Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:01:01 +0200

Hi,

>>    - make engine separate binary, or plugin to blender?
>
> I am not against that, but it should stay that lightning fast "edit,
> PKEY, test" turnaround.

Separation will make it somewhat slower... I don't propose this as an
improvement for the users - they will suffer from such a decision - but
to get our coding projects managed.

Until there's a confident team working on the engine, I rather split up
development. This also to open ways for new engines...

>>    - what to do with web player?
>
> I cant stop saying how important this would be.... I am not sure if an
> active X is feasible for a OpenSource project (Licenses etc) but I
> guess even InternetExploder has a Mime Type and plugin system?

Apple offered us to participate in the Quicktime extensions program. I
got an entrypoint for this within apple dev. They then can also provide
us with a secure license... dunno how it would run at Windows, I guess
it will fine? They then can also host downloads.
For the unices, the current code can just be picked up again.

Most important now is; find coders! If we get this organized, we can
always decide to purchase the Thwate license for it (about 1000 usd per
year).

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org