[Verse-dev] Verse Security

mail at smokythaklown.com mail at smokythaklown.com
Fri Sep 5 13:24:03 CEST 2014

(please somone help me understand the verse security risk)

If the
verse protocol is not in python, and needs python bindings (i believe)
it implies security holes. "wordpress joomla drupal" in ten years have
over 300 security breaches while python servers and cms like zope and
plone *which the FBI uses* only have 2-6 ii recall. So with all these
protocols -tcp, udp, ftp, sftp, pysftp, icmp, smpt, imap, all sorts of
protocols to transfer packet information, my confusion boils down to why
for what, and wouldnt it simplify life if we make a blender protocol
with the old verse packet structure that "excludes" any 3rd party
language compatibility... My worry is if we build a verse-uni verse
future network, then all sorts of operating systems and computing
languages can corrupt the system with poop scripts (i assume). I mean if
we take a real moment to look at blender, once it can boot off a hard
drive without an operating system, pure python, and you add a python web
browser within blender, then the practical use of a desktop operating
system dissapears.. So it seems obvious the future of blender is
blending, SO WHY ARE WE BLENDING WHAT IS NOT NEEDED. Pure python. We
make snakes work, snakes dont make us work (look at blend4web.com spent
half a decade working blender into java, when java is done for)

On
04-09-2014, Yassim wrote:

> Ello,
>
> I'm in no way a maintainer or
anything, but I did find this recently

https://projects.blender.org/projects/verse/ [7]

> And I got there
from here.
> http://www.quelsolaar.com/files/index.html [8]
>
> I hope
this helps.

Wise wrote:

>> Hi guys, Does anyone know where it is hosted? Did
anyone reply? I'd like to know as well Thanks, Jordan On 31 August 2014
22:44, FRANCISCO ORTIZ wrote:

>>> Hello everyone! Do you know where
the old Uni-Verse SVN is hosted right now? Thank you, Ortiz

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Verse-dev at blender.org
[2]