[Verse-dev] R: Re: verse project status and proposal

Andrea Rigoni Garola andrea at bluesteam.it
Thu Sep 9 11:04:21 CEST 2010

2010/9/9 Jiří Hnídek <jiri.hnidek at tul.cz>

> Hi Andrea,
> nice to see you are interested in Verse :-).
>
> Andrea píše v St 08. 09. 2010 v 18:58 +0200:
> > Thank you all for your prompt reply, I'm really happy to see that
> > verse is going on!
> >

> > I'm working on a simulation in a model for fusion plasma experiment
> > RFX ( www.igi.cnr.it ). I would prove that using an opensource
> > framework is the way to have best results in a so spread effort as the
> > international nuclear fusion research. My idea is to have the
> > possibility to share any code fragment in different languages: such as
> > octave, scilab, python, fortran etc.. wrapping the code in a sdandard
> > in out object, for signals an so on...
>
> It is not clear, what is your effort. Why do you want to share code
> fragments, etc.? What is benefit of this approach?
>
> > With verse I will be able to launch a numeric simulation in my pc and
> > attach results to a code of other works fitted for other experiments
> > in other places and at the end render results in blender.
>
> In theory this is possible, but why do you want to use Verse for this
> purpose? Verse is intended for real-time sharing of 2D/3D data. I don't
> understand, why do you need "real-timeness" of Verse.

sure, real time is not necessary but it could be usefull: mostly for
changing parameters of a phisical model and immediately see results in a 3d
visualization of the results, or to interactively change the input signals.

There were other platforms such as scilab for example that implement a sort
of pipeline .. it didn't have lot of success,I think mostly becouse it
didn't support other languages. In my opinion if all clients do their job in
their context, it would be more appreciated by researchers.

This is my personal idea,

Many thanks for your interest.

Andrea