[Verse-dev] Verse Projects

Tristam MacDonald swiftcoder at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:08:16 CET 2009

> I'm curious what you are doing with Verse and on what level.

I do have a amateur game development team, which i try to convince working
> with Verse.

I spent some time integrating connecting verse into my planet renderer.
While the planets didn't directly interact with verse, it allowed models to
be edited in real time with Loq Airou.

Unfortunately, I had to implement a custom renderer for verse, as I could
never get quel-solaar to be stable enough. This effort sort of bogged down,
and I haven't had a chance to complete it.

You can see some stuff on the planet renderer here:

http://swiftcoder.wordpress.com/2009/05/28/starfall-planet-rendering/

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Nathan Letwory <jesterking at letwory.net>wrote:

> 2009/11/17  <jethrovolders at hotmail.com>:
>
> Jiris spec work:
>
> http://www.nti.tul.cz/wiki/WikiUser:Jiri.Hnidek/Verse_resend_mechanism.en

Is there a discussion of the etwork side of the protocol, and these proposed
changes anywhere? Some aspects of the protocol seem a little strange to me,
and I would love to hear the rationale for the various design decision (such
as why the heavy-weight ack system is preferable to a sliding window +
throttle system).

--
Tristam MacDonald
http://swiftcoder.wordpress.com/