[Verse-dev] Question

Arxontis Politis deadflagblue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 01:56:39 CET 2009

Hello Aleksandar,

I'm kind of in the same field studying music, spatialisation and acoustics,
and I don't want to dissapoint you but after a good amount of time spent to
setup up a uni-verse system working with the acoustic simulation module
(UVAS), geometry reduction and multichannel output (UVSRP) with puredata, I
concluded that:

- Uni-Verse is a wonderful project and it works beautifully, if you get a
newer blender-verse build than the ones on the blender site (or build
blender yourself)
- The acoustic simulation module after hours and hours of trying to compile
it I managed to do it (partly due to differences of the newer gcc compiler)
however, while it connects to verse,  it segfaults when the acoustic
simulation is turned on (tested on different machines and linux distros)
- The acoustic simulation is abandoned ( I tried to contact the creators
twice for advice without result) which is a real same because it was the
only (and still only one of a few) system that was doing true real-time
acoustic simulation/reverberation on a physical approach. If you're
interested in this you can try the newer evert/evertims system developed by
some of the people behind UVAS, which does not work with blender though.