[Verse-dev] Linkerproblems with verse R6

Clemens Tan clemenstan at gmx.de
Mon Mar 26 21:52:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am pretty new to verse, so I still have some newbie problems. I just
checked out the head from the cvs and compiled the library with no problems.
Unfortunately the linker complains about some undefined references in the
libvese.a: e.g.

v_network.c:80: undefined reference to `socket'
[...]
libverse.a(v_randgen.o)(.text+0x3f): In function `v_randgen_new':
verseCVS/verse/v_randgen.c:75: undefined reference to `__getreent'
[...] and so on ...

I used the verse.lib with visual studio 2005, visual studio 6 and Eclipse
CDT and the libvere.a with Dev-Cpp. I couldn't get it to run in any of these
environments.

The verse R5 worked just fine, so I was wondering, what I need to do, to get
the new version running? Any new dependencies? Do I need to link some other
libs like wsock?

I hope somebody can help me. Thx!

Greetings

Clemens