[Verse-dev] Simple code examples

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Thu Apr 26 10:56:15 CEST 2007

On 4/25/07, Fabien Goslin <fabien_goslin at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!

Hello Fabien, and welcome to the list.

[...]
> But, I would like to be able to code with the API some simple geometries,
> let's say for example the following cube:
> http://verse.blender.org/fileadmin/verse/spec/n-geometry.html#AEN509
> Is there any chance, I could be doing this without the Enough library ?
> If yes I would be highly interested in knowing how!

Enough is a storage library, it only helps with storing data you get
*from* a server. If you want to send data to the server, you still
need to do so youself. You can't just ask Enough to create a cube and
then send it, that's not in its API.

I think perhaps this program:
<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/verse-tests/geotest.c?rev=1.6&cvsroot=verse&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>
from the verse-tests CVS module might be helpful. It creates geometry,
and I *think* there's a cube hidden in there somewhere.

It also creates a lot of extra layers, you can basically delete
everything that deals with layers not of type VN_G_LAYER_VERTEX_XYZ
and VN_G_LAYER_POLYGON_CORNER_UINT32 and perhaps end up with something
a little bit more managable.

I hope that helps,