[Verse-dev] Verse Export Tool Kit

eskil at obsession.se eskil at obsession.se
Tue Apr 3 15:08:12 CEST 2007

Hi

The last few days i have been working on some game related stuff and
part of that have been to start working on a Verse export tool kit
(vetk), and now I'm making my first release. Its so small I'm mailing
it out. Currently it helps clean geometry data for real time rendering
usage. It removes unwanted data and generates correct normals and
makes sure as many vertices's are shared as possible taking in to
account texture seams and things like that. You can ask it create any
vertex structure you want with packed vertex data. It converts all
polys to tris (if you want it to) and if generates neighbour data as
well.

In the future i hope to add Subdivision, shader generation and more
useful stuff. But first it would be nice to get some feedback on this.
It uses Enough, and my st files, but except for verse it has no other
dependencies.

One thing to note is that most apps (Max and blender developers do you
hear me?) doesn't bother with setting crease data on to models making
all models flat shaded. Until they fix this you can use Loq to fix
your models (Hint: look for the auto crease function)

Hope you like it.

Cheers