[Verse-dev] Problems with the Quelsolaar tools

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Thu Nov 2 15:03:45 CET 2006

Peter Lundén wrote:
> Doent help.
>
> I added an print out of the error massage given by SDL, its
>  Couldn't find matching GLX visual

Hm ... Are you running other OpenGL applications without problem,
like UVAS and so on?

If your system can't find a matching visual even with no other
attributes set than the desire for 8 bits of RGB, it is starting
to sound very odd.

My ancient Acer laptop fails here too, as mentioned, until I set
down the depth buffer requirement to 16 bits, then it runs. Your
machine is several years more recent, I can't imagine why it
shouldn't be able to open a display.

Has something changed locally on the machine, since the last time
you ran Uni-Verse tools?

Do other tools run, like the simple renderer for instance?

This is mystifying.

Regards,