[Verse-dev] Verse R6 going into CVS

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Tue Jun 27 08:47:38 CEST 2006

Hello.

Just a brief note to say that Eskil have (very quickly) developed a few
new minor features for the Verse core protocol and data model. Since
they do change the protocol, we've decided to take the step up to a new
major release, which will be the sixth such release.

Today, I'm committing the new code to CVS HEAD, and will probably branch
the CVS to create a release-r6-branch when that is done.

Once the code is in CVS, I will probably get onto porting some tools
(mainly the VML ones), and change specifications and documents where
needed.

Then, it's time to commit the latest code for Eskil's applications,
which I also have lying about since he came by yesterday. Since that
code in many places requires a R6 Verse core, it will have to wait.

Regards,