[Verse-dev] Making a simple blue cube

Mark Wassell mwassell at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 17 10:32:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to build a simple blue cube in Verse using pyverse. Using connector, I can see the cube as a wire frame but don't get any colour assigned to it although I have setup a material and I believe that I have linked it correctly. The details of what the pyverse code does are:

1. Create geometry node, create vertices (8) and create polygons (6). Is this all I need to do? What about 'faces' or normals? The geometry node appears in connector with a spinning cube.

2. Create material node with output fragment labelled 'color' and a colour fragment set to blue. In connector, the node appears in the colour specified.

3. Create object and links to the geometry node (labelled 'geometry') and to the material node (labelled 'material'). Changing the transform properties of the object doesn't change the presentation in connector (or in lookatme.py python example).

I can see all of these in connector but no blue colour for the geometry. What am I missing? I'd be happy to type this up as a tutorial once I have it working.

Cheers

Mark