[Verse-dev] Bug in bitmap node?

Jiří Hnídek jiri.hnidek at tul.cz
Thu Feb 2 10:20:22 CET 2006

Hi,
I propably found bug in verse bitmap node, but I'm not sure. When I
received tiles from verse server and width of image wasn't integer
multiples of the tile side length (8), then I received damaged data from
tiles on right border.

You can read this:

"Any pixels in a tile that fall outside of the bitmap itself will not be
stored and should transmitted as zeroes when transmission is at all
required."

in core specification:

http://verse.blender.org/cms/fileadmin/verse/spec/n-bitmap.html

... when you ignore data outside of the bitmap, then everything is ok.
When you expect, that you will receive zeros, then you will have
problems (you will receieve damaged data in tiles on right border of
image). I noticed this problem only on right side of image
(x>image->width), not bellow image (y > image->height).

Best regards,

Jiri