[Verse-dev] GIMP stuff

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Apr 28 13:45:49 CEST 2006

Hey Emil,

Emil Brink wrote:
> * Sven said the work needed inside GIMP should be smaller than the
>   work needed to write the plug-in as it stands now (I linked to the
>   code during the discussion). Brecht can probably comment here, as as
>   far as I've understood, he's started looking into patching GIMP.

If you're familiar with the GIMP code I can imagine it's not too hard. But
I spent more time trying to get a working patch (and failed), than I did
writing the current plug-in code.

> Not sure where to take it, from here. It would be great if we could
> somehow get the code needed in a stable official GIMP release, but
> at the moment I can't comment on how much that would require, really.
> Brecht?

It should be doable in not too much time (especially with some help from
a GIMP dev). I tried to have the GIMP call back the plug-in, which just
gave too many problems. It's probably much easier to have the plug-in poll
for that info. What it would take to get the flattened' image I have no idea.

At the moment I have no time to spend on coding, I'm overloaded with
school work until July..

Brecht.