[Verse-dev] Loader bug

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Wed Apr 12 09:57:28 CEST 2006

eskil at obsession.se wrote:
> Hi
>
> Emil, I found a "semi" bug in the loader. The two liners:
>
> 	for(iter = sorted = file_begin(min); iter != NULL; iter = list_next(iter))
> 		min->file_nodes = list_concat(min->file_nodes,
> xmlnode_iter_begin(list_data(iter)));
>
> Takes so long that the server times out. I don't see why this cant be done
> outside the accepts callback but i don't know the code really works. It took me
> sometime to figure it out, a long time i had hopes to find a verse bug but,
> no....

Ooops. :/ It's really like a poster child of interesting linked-list
issues, that code. Heh. Not too flattering, I guess. Still, I have
problems finding that particular code in my version of the loader,
could you give the line numbers? Are the lines exactly like that in
the code, or are there other lines inbetween?

And I think you're right, that reordering is something that should be
possible to do before connecting ... I'll test around a bit.

Regards,