[Verse-dev] Saving and Loading

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Wed Sep 14 14:35:47 CEST 2005

[VML]
> I am not quite sure it works. I got the VML-file produced. Then, when
> uploading it back to Verse, the loader produced the following messages:
>
> <everything looks fine up to here>
> there's a node called 45 of type 0
> that means node 'n1' got created
> sending node_subscribe, node 45
>  name set, it's "Object_Node_1"
> in object, looking at transform for node 45
> found node type 1 at 0x806d790
> ignoring non-object node in non-skip mode
> found node type 2 at 0x8ba3308
> ignoring non-object node in non-skip mode
> <more ignoring>
>
> I guess the file produced by the saver should be valid. That is why I
> cannot understand the messages about ignoring something.

Ah, heh. That shouldn't be a reason to worry, it's expected and simply
an effect of how the loader operates. It runs in two passes, first up-
second pass through it skips over ("ignores") the non-object nodes.

This shouldn't be a problem.

> Also the contents of the Verse server after uploading a VML-file is
 > not similar to the contents saved into the VML-file originally.

That is a real problem, for sure. :/

> That  is why my viewer and acoustics simulation tool did not accept to
> load  the data from the server containing the uploaded data.

Do you have any further diagnostics? What seemed to be missing or wrong,
in particular? I'm looking for any ideas as to where I should start
looking.

> Apparently there is still something wrong.

It seems so, yes.

Regards,