[Verse-dev] v_bignum.c and 64-bit processors

Samuel Siltanen saasilta at cc.hut.fi
Fri May 6 12:01:14 CEST 2005

I found a bug in v_bignum.c, which causes the encryption key generation to
last extremely long on 64-bit architecture (such as AMD Athlon64). In such
architectures long ints and addresses are 64 bits long instead of 32 bits.
That is why the encryption key generation times are orders of magnitude
longer than on 32-bit architecture (I guess exactly 2^32 times longer),
which is too long.

I fixed the problem by substituting the longs (64-bit) by ints (32-bit)
in v_bignum.c.

Samuel Siltanen