[Verse-dev] More audio testing

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Fri Jan 21 16:49:51 CET 2005

Hi.

I've spent the rest of the day testing and debugging the audio
storage support (the other "half" of the audio node's function-
ality). It seems to be working now, at least it passes my tests.

One thing I've noticed is not included, is meta data in the form
of how *long* a sample stored in a layer actually is. Since the
data is described only in terms of blocks of varying size, and
blocks are always transmitted in full, it's hard to know.

My guess (Eskil?) is that this kind of information is meant to
be stored in tags. For that to work, we need a set of guidelines
for tag group and tag names, or there'll be a mess...

Regards,