[Verse-dev] Client gets dropped, even if it's updating itscallbacks (PyVerse)

Eskil Steenberg eskil at obsession.se
Wed Jan 12 09:52:14 CET 2005

Hi,

> Yes, the root cause is that you don't "do" anything with your connection,
> this is a known problem that I've run into myself but my brain was lagging
> so I didn't recognize it in your code. Brecht did.
>
> Note that to make it work, you don't have to keep doing things, I think
> it is enough that you send _one_ actual command after accepting the conn-
> ection for it to start working. Feels very much like a "being caught in
> the wrong state" bug to me.
>
> I know I have reported this issue to Eskil previously, but am not sure
> what his response was then. Eskil?

Yeah this is an old one.

The network is always keept alive, not by sending a specific "keep alive"
packet, but by sending acknowledgements of previous pakets. The first few
connect packets are never needs to be acknowledged be couse they obviusly
got there othere whise there wouldent be a connect. thats why you need
something to start the acknowledgement cykel. So this is an easy fix by
simply changeing the spec so that one needs to acknowlage even the connect
commands.

Im working on this.