[Verse-dev] Crypto questions

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Fri Feb 18 16:35:01 CET 2005

Eskil,

I really need a description of the way you've designed the connection
phase of Verse, command-by-command.

I think I have broken it now, but can't be sure because I don't have a
reference, which feels a bit silly.

Is the client's name+passwd supposed to be encrypted only once? Using
what, the server's public key? I currently encrypt using the client's
private key, which I just realized must be wrong... Heh.

Perhaps I can turn that around right away, though.

In general, we really do need a description of each of the commands,
their contents, and with what key (if any) it is encrypted.

Regards,