[Verse-dev] Crypto update

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Mon Feb 14 10:13:57 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:03:44 +0100 (CET)
"Eskil Steenberg" <eskil at obsession.se> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Who ever gets the code to run quick, I will take out for ice-cream! ;-)

Since I haven't heard of any mad icecream-eating binges, I assume noone
has actually found a solution... Too bad.

Suggestion: let's go ahead with shortened key lengths, say 512 bits,
and simply increase it whenever better code is made available.

I don't think hacking Verse servers is very high on evil people's
agendas today, so perhaps we can focus on getting the functionality in
there, and work to increase the security by improving the performance
later?

Regards,