[Verse-dev] using material node for audio

Eskil Steenberg eskil at obsession.se
Thu Apr 28 12:56:19 CEST 2005

Hik

> Your gut feeling if wrong, 32 bands are an approximation of the
> resolution of the hearing that is called critical bands.

No you miss understood. Obviusly you can hear 32 bands, but if you chosse
to messiure a material and get 32 values, it is very likely that if you
delete band 18 and replace with a value that you reconstruct form the
other 31 values and then you make a room with this material and play some
music and compute it the reconstructed value compared to the 32 orginal
values i dont think you can hear the differance.

Just because you need to evaluate a curve with a high resolution, you dont
need to define the curve with many points.

> You should at least try to understand what im saying, I'm taking about
> that in the geometry fragmet there is a thing call layer_r, my idea was
> to use that to point to a layer in the current geometry node containing
> the data array.

there isnt a "layer_r" unless you shoose to create it, "layer_r" is just a
name, why not name it what ever you want, how about "audio" or
"reflectancy". only two layers in the geometry node are pre defined
("vertex" and "polygon") all other are named by the users. they are not at
all graphic sentric. You dont need to call something "layer_r" if you want
to use a layer for red, you can call it what ever, naming of layers is
compleatly up to the user.