[Verse-dev] using material node for audio

Samuel Siltanen saasilta at cc.hut.fi
Wed Apr 27 08:13:15 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Eskil Steenberg wrote:

> This is the solution im interested in. Yes you can have multiple output
> nodes on verse. Acording to the current design you can have a multiple
> outputs with one material node that specify multiple things. Two lables
> are reserved allready "color" and "displacement". so we might want to add
> one or may standard audio lables. There are a few ways of geting frequence
> in there too, either with multiple lables like you suggest. but also by
> defining the three channels.

This solution with multiple labels sounds good and I will try to
use it in my implementation. But what do you mean by defining the three
channels? At least the application I am working on requires 10 or 11
channels (absorbtion coefficients for different frequency bands) for each
material.

> Tags would be the wrong way to go, How surfaces react to light sources is
> a part of the main spec, so i think that how surfaces react to sound
> sources should defined just as well.

I agree.

Samuel