[Verse-dev] cvs

Martin Schlingmann martin.schlingmann at tii.se
Fri Apr 1 22:00:40 CEST 2005

Yes I will.. soon, I have a lot of questions and stuff.

Anyway, since I want to use both verse and "normal" ie
non-constant-changable objects in the Necro3D game engine, I have been
working alot with redefining the architecture...
We now have a kind of lock-unlock system for all internal models...
I also created a kindof factory-system for creating generators which I now
will try to use to create insane amount of data and export it to the verse
server.
Currenlty I just have written some fractal generators (like fault-def and
midp-displace) but have a lsystem thing in the pipe. Also for terrain
generators I have height-based texture generators and some fun stuff.

So.. my library for the Necro3D engine has like 2 modes, one is using a
"verse model", ie constant updates etc, and then also normal import/export
to and from verse.
It's included in the world editor, so one should be able to "browse" a
verse server for objects from it etc.
I doesnt realy work yet.. but soon, hopefully something on wednesday.
When it does, we should be able to use one or several verse model in a
fullblown 3d game, with collisions, volumetric shadows etc etc.
Will be fun to see!

/martin