[Verse-dev] verse r2p3

Emil Brink verse-dev@blender.org
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:56:26 +0200 (MEST)

Hello.

I just tagged and uploaded Verse release 2, patchlevel 3.

The most major change in this release is in the implementation of the
unpacking of the connect_accept command; it now delivers a proper
source address to the application, it was previously undefined.

I also did some daring work on the networking internals, and how
sockets are managed. I think that at least nails a problem with
address-in-use failures that I had been seeing, and also doesn't
create a needless second socket for clients. This fix is not known to
be good, hopefully Eskil will look it over or there will be obvious
breakage. It works (better) for me, at least. Feedback welcome, as
always.

/Emil