[Verse-dev] verse r2p2

Emil Brink verse-dev@blender.org
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:02:39 +0200 (MEST)

Hello.

I've just tagged in CVS and uploaded Verse release 2, patchlevel 2.

<http://www.blender.org/modules/verse/verse-r2p2.zip> is the new
archive.

This is a bugfix patch release that does not change the API, although
since there were network pack/unpack bugs it does actually change the
network protocol. It is a required update, don't be left behind.

And yes, once again we skip ahead a bit. There was no patchlevel 1,
because of a minor error on my part (I forgot setting V_RELEASE_PATCH
symbol for r2p1, so had to re-do it).

Changes include:
* Code generator (v_cmd_gen.c) bug fixes (use uint8 and not char for
  unpacking enums, generate proper delete-callbacks in geometry, emit
  proper packing call for real32-values, alias handling was broken
  in one place).
* Added validity-checking in vs_connection.c.
* Corrected precision-handling for various geometry commands in the
  host implementation.
* Method name checking in method_create corrected.

Those are hopefully the most important ones. Big thanks to Brecht Van
Lommel for helping out with reporting bugs, and providing patches.

/Emil