[Verse-dev] Oh my god its full of stars

Brecht Van Lommel blendix@pandora.be
03 Feb 2004 13:10:41 +0000

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 11:31, Eskil Steenberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some of you know this, but as of yesterday A large EU project has been
> initiated. 1.9 million euros have been given to Blender Foundation,
> Royal institute of technology is sweden and a few more places to study
> and develop applications for verse.
>
> Its a big deal,  It means that i will get enough money to work verse
> full time and that there will soon be lots more developers. On friday we
> will be giving out a press release, and hopefully get slachdoted or
> something. I have already updated the verse home page. and more will
> come. Tomorrow i will give a full day talk on verse, when i will
> introduce the project participants to verse coding and hopefully they
> will by then start joining this list.

This is awesome news! It's great to see that also the Blender Foundation
will receive some money to invest it in verse. This is blender.org
frontpage news! Maybe you could submit a news item there (if you're not
already doing this). I think that this news, combined with the Blender
2.32 release, certainly deserves to be on slashdot. Just when there
seems to be so little activity, this happens! I just can't believe it.
Great news.

What is this full day talk thing? Where is it going to be? At some
conference, the institute in Sweden, irc, ...?

Congratulations. This is so exiting. The future sure looks bright.

Cheers,
Brecht