[Verse-dev] New results about the missing triangles, nodeid reminder

Thorsten Jordan verse-dev@blender.org
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:07:13 +0200

Hi!

This may be interesting for Eskil:
i have adapted and tested my old and my new geometry pusher, so that
they use nodeids as suggested. Now all models seem complete, no
triangles are missing. I don't know why i once saw missing triangles
with the new server code (the patch that Eskil sent me), it works now.

The cause of the difference between missing triangles and complete
models lies at the patched file (vs_node_geometry.c). The old one causes
missing triangles, the new seems to fix the bug. Thanks so far!

But i also noticed that when i let the output print to the console
instead of sending it to a file and load up a large mesh (70.000 faces),
the server will stop to accept data after a while, the client pushing
the data hasn't finished the process and is asleep waiting for an answer
  of the server. The server will react to another client sending another
mesh, but also stop before the mesh is completely uploaded. The viewer
receives some data, but shows nothing, which indicates that it only
receives vertex data, but not indices. I guess that this problem is
caused by a network buffer overflow or something similar.

Again a question from an older mail that seems to got lost:

Eskil proposed using nodeids -1,-2,-3,... for creating layers.
Let's say i create a lot of layers, the numbers get smaller. When is it
safe to start again at -1?

--
Greetings, Thorsten