[Verse-dev] Bitmap layer ids

Eskil Steenberg verse-dev@blender.org
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:07:16 +0200

Hi

> well i used the tutorial as base code and created layers/nodes as you
> proposed... please have a look at the output and my code. Maybe i've
> missed something but maybe the server implementation has a bug.

Im not sure but i think i have found some issues

in the function send_geometry_node the out commented j and k / 3 are
correct. vertex and polygon ids are defined by the user.

you use  verse_send_g_vertex_set_real32_xyz typo upload data, that is
ok. But it is recommended that you use
verse_send_g_vertex_set_real64_xyz. some servers may not accept low
precision data. (its not really a big deal...)

Other then that i cant find any major flaws except the obvious issue
whit illegal commands. You use one global value counting down from
0xfffffffe. (should be 0xffffffff for 32 bit ids) you should know that
this value is local to the functions that use it and can be re set when
ever the commands reach the server.

Let me start a new tread to explain, in depth how the ids relate to
functions and commands.

Cheers